Sunday, February 17, 2008

Joyology 3



Joyology


Magnet Affirmations handmade, make them, your own creation healing your own self

Make Affirmation cards, use collage images and pictures of yourself, and words like "I choose"

When holding your inner child, find a picture of yourself at the age you feel you need nurturing. Hold that picture to your heart. Hold yourself that way.

Write letters to your abuser and the entourage of enablers.
Curse, threaten, release rage upon. Relish this. Send it, or don’t. I have written several since the last one I sent in 2004. I cut ties then, so I have not actually sent them, sometimes I save them, other times I burn them.


Breathe in your fears and anger and grief, then breathe out love, peace, and joy.


Make a vision board

Affirmations:
I am safe now.
I am sane.
I am able to relax.
I choose to soothe myself.
I am free.
I am creative.
I am passionate.
I am beautiful.
I am healthy.
I am fit.
I am capable.
I feel normal.
I feel compassion.
I feel love.

I break the cycle of abuse in my life.
My life is mine.



Swing at the park. Ask your inner child to come out and play. Slide. Hang upside down on the monkey bars.

Open your windows and let nature infuse your home.

Even if you consciously want to heal, and are engaging in that process, ask yourself with some consistency, “Do I Feel I Deserve to Heal Deep in my Heart?” You’ll be surprised at how that little one within might feel. Many times I heard a big “NO”

Write poetry when you are in a panic

“It sits.
Sweltering.
This terror, this insane asylum heart, this terrified sadness.
Sitting.
This soul weeping, a willow bent over a lake, breaking.
This panic stricken grief, hot and torn.
I hate being in this place.
Obsessing, a waste of time, but an odd relief.
I’m beating myself up, down, all around, barricading myself.
I’m following my parents fine example, How to Kill Your Own Heart.
Somehow it keeps me connected to them, when I judge myself, when I hurt myself, when I fuck myself.
That’s when I feel connection to mother, to father, those rathole phantoms.
It all must stop.
Stop.
Deepdowninside,
The Girl Loves herself,
Knows and Keeps learning how to access that love.
She knows,
I know
I am
Loved, Loving, and Loveable.
Sweet relief.”

2 comments:

Ruth said...

This is very inspirational, but then you know how you inspire me - thank you. Ruth xx

Anonymous said...

the poem about your parents teaching you by example to kill your own heart-what a symbol..love the way you expressed it